Business Affiliate ProgramsOffersPersonalsAdvertisingShopping

December 4, 2008

The Butterfly Effect - Final Conversation Of Kings review


Release Date: 09/20/2008
Label: Village Roadshow Music


“Final Conversation Of Kings” has been referred to as a big step forward for The Butterfly Effect. Well if adding a trumpet to a few songs is a step forward they The Mighty Mighty Bosstones would still be tearing up the charts today! But where are The Mighty Mighty Bosstones? Who gives a shit?! They sucked more than a Chinese hooker!

I want to love this album....I really do! I’m a huge fan of all of The Butterfly Effect’s previous work, but I just can’t get into this one. It doesn’t feel right. It’s still The Butterfly Effect but it’s not them at the same time. Kind of like that girl who had the sex change. They’re still in there somewhere....but not how they used to be!

The Butterfly Effect have pretty much thrown away their heavier side in a possible attempt to be more accessible to the radio listening wieners of the world. I’m not so sure they have achieved this. Yes, their songs are a little easier on the fragile ears of said wieners, but I still can’t see them understanding this type of music.

All in all this album is alright, but I really wanted more from one of my favourite bands. Alright just isn’t quite good enough. The Butterfly Effect have lost the majority of their edge and have left their fans with a sappy, semi-mainstream album that will probably chart reasonably well but still not well enough to provide them with massive success. This album won’t sink the ship but it won’t blow much wind into the sails either. Check it out for yourself....I hope you like it more than I did!

Rating: 2/5
Choice Lyric: “Don't leave me out here one more day on my own!”
Download: Room Without a View, In These Hands
Random Trivia: Final Converstaion Of Kings debut at no. 3 on the Australian music sales charts







No comments:

Music Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory