Business Affiliate ProgramsOffersPersonalsAdvertisingShopping

September 6, 2007

Minus The Bear - Planet Of Ice review


Release Date: 08/21/2007
Label: Suicide Squeeze

I’m in a love/hate relationship with this album. On one hand, I don’t particularly enjoy the songs…but on the other, I can’t stop listening to it. It’s kind of like becoming friends with a red-haired kid. You hate everything that he is and everything that he stands for….but he does have an Xbox!

There is no particular high point of this album, as there is also no particular low point. The only way to describe Planet Of Ice is that it’s an album of well written songs that are not very good. I have never had so much trouble trying to review an album before so I’m going to try something different. The following is my thought process upon listening to the first track of Planet Of Ice.

“Ok, this sounds alright…kinda psychedelic and funky………..ok getting a bit bored with that part now….alright, not a bad chorus….oh, back to that boring bit again….hmm I wonder what time Al Gore goes to sleep at night….Ohh that’s a cool bit!.........wonder if he wears pyjamas……or boxers….or briefs….not sure how he feels about cotton….probably contributes to global warming somehow….maybe he wears nothing….for the safety of the planet and our future generations….what a considerate thing to do….yeah....Al Gore sleeps naked to protect humanity!........I wonder who would win in a fight between Superman and Al Gore…..I mean, superman has his incredible strength and ability to fly….but Al Gore is naked…and he has the power of carbon balancing……oh crap the song is over now…..better listen to it again.”

And that my friends, is the experience you will have with Planet Of Ice. It’s not particularly good, but it begs you to listen to it again to find out what you missed while you were drifting off. It’s a unique listen and you’ve probably got nothing better to do anyway!

Rating: 3/5
Choice Lyric: “Touch me sweet forget the rest. Your hooks feel so right, dug in my chest”
Download: Burying Luck, Dr. L'Ling



No comments:

Music Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory